(photographer)New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997)
Contact sheet depicting people registering for classes, sitting in the Auditorium, and gathering in front of the 66 West 12th Street building. The building was designed by Joseph Urban and open to the public in 1931. The auditorium was originally named after Bernhard Mayer the Bernhard Mayer Auditorium until 1993. Between 1993 and 2014 it was called the John L.Tishman Auditorium.
New School Classes;Credit: Kosti Ruohomaa from Black Star / Graybar Building New York;Please return to Agnes de Lima / New School 66 West 12th St. New York City
box 5, folder 8
Kosti Ruohomaa. Students Registering and in the Auditorium of the 66 West 12th Street Building of The New School.
1940s. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive
. Web. 23 Aug 2019
There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.