New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997)
1940 – 1960
Contact sheet containing photographs depicting people in the 66 West 12th street building. #9A and 12A depict people in the library on the fourth floor of the building. #10A depicts people in the 5th floor exhibition and student lounge area, while #8A depicts a painting class in session, taught most probably by Camilo Egas, who is on the right side of the photograph. The first building of The New School was designed by Joseph Urban. It was open to the public on January 1, 1931. Photographer: Dave Rosenfeld
Photograph by Dave Rosenfeld 480 Lexington Avenue New York 17, N.Y.
box 4, folder 15
David Rosenfeld. Interior of the 66 West 12th Street Building of The New School.
1940 – 1960. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive
. Web. 17 Jul 2019
There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.