(photographer)New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997)
April 29 1998
Contact sheet depicting members of the New School community in the Vera List Courtyard, in the connecting buildings, and the entrance of the 66 West 12th Street building with the New School flag. The courtyard was created in the late 1950s and it connects 66 West 12th Street (Alvin Johnson/J. M. Kaplan Hall) and 65 West 11th Street (Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts). In 1997, it was redesigned by artist, Martin Puryear in collaboration with landscape architect, Michael Van Valkenburgh, and renamed the Vera List Courtyard.
Photo: Bjorg / Tel: 212-255-5258 #1372
box 4, folder 4
Bjorg Magnea. The Vera List Courtyard of The New School and Flag with Logo.
April 29 1998. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive
. Web. 17 Jul 2019
There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.