The New School Archives Digital Collections

New School photograph collectionBuildings and campus (NS040101.SII) ➔ Dedication of the Vera List Courtyard of The New School

Photographic Material


Related people/organizations

Jerry Speier (photographer)
New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997) (commissioner)

Date

November 2 1997

Work Type

contact sheets

Description

Contact sheet depicting the dedication ceremony of the Vera List Courtyard. The courtyard was created in the late 1950s and it connects 66 West 12th Street (Alvin Johnson/J. M. Kaplan Hall) and 65 West 11th Street (Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts). In 1997, it was redesigned by artist, Martin Puryear in collaboration with landscape architect, Michael Van Valkenburgh, and renamed the Vera List Courtyard. Martin Puryear can be seen in the second row, Michael Van Valkenburg in the third row, and New School Trustee, Eugene Lang in the fourth.

Inscription

V. List Courtyard Dedication #14-19 Eugene Lang - Trustee 11/02/07 - 4;© Jerry Speier 1997

Location

box 4, folder 2

Identifier

NS040101_000506

Use Restrictions

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ 




There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.