The New School Archives Digital Collections

New School photograph collectionBuildings and campus (NS040101.SII) ➔ Courtyard of The New School

Photographic Material


Related people/organizations

Gin Briggs (photographer)
New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997) (commissioner)

Date

1960 – 1990

Work Type

contact sheets

Description

Contact sheets depicting the courtyard. The courtyard was created in the late 1950s and it connects 66 West 12th Street (Alvin Johnson/J. M. Kaplan Hall) and 65 West 11th Street (Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts). In the 1960s, '70s and '80s it housed several sculptures. In 1997, it was renamed the Vera List Courtyard.

Inscription

Gin Briggs photographer new york, n. y. wa 9-3124

Location

box 3, folder 20

Identifier

NS040101_000475

Citation

Gin Briggs. Courtyard of The New School. 1960 – 1990. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive. Web. 14 Oct 2019.

Use Restrictions

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ 




There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.