The New School Archives Digital Collections

New School photograph collectionBuildings and campus (NS040101.SII) ➔ Aerial View of Courtyard of The New School

Photographic Material


Related people/organizations

Joseph Schuyler (photographer)
New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997) (commissioner)

Date

1980

Work Type

photographic prints

Description

The courtyard was created in the late 1950s and it connects 66 West 12th Street (Alvin Johnson/J. M. Kaplan Hall) and 65 West 11th Street (Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts). In the 1960s, '70s and '80s the courtyard housed several sculptures. In 1997, it was renamed the Vera List Courtyard. 

Inscription

© 1980 Joseph Schuyler

Location

box 3, folder 19

Identifier

NS040101_000470

Citation

Joseph Schuyler. Aerial View of Courtyard of The New School. 1980. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive. Web. 18 Jul 2019.

Use Restrictions

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ 




There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.