The New School Archives Digital Collections

New School photograph collectionBuildings and campus (NS040101.SII) ➔ Unidentified Sculpture in the Courtyard of The New School

Photographic Material


Related people/organizations

Peter Moore (photographer)
New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997) (commissioner)

Date

September 1 1964

Work Type

photographic prints

Description

The courtyard was created in the late 1950s and it connects 66 West 12th Street (Alvin Johnson/J. M. Kaplan Hall) and 65 West 11th Street (Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts). In the 1960s, '70s and '80s the courtyard housed several sculptures, such as this one. In 1997, it was renamed the Vera List Courtyard. 

Inscription

Peter Moore 351 West 30th Street, N.Y.C., N.Y. 10001 Sep 1 1964 E4 Phone 564-5989 PLEASE CREDIT

Location

box 3, folder 19

Identifier

NS040101_000466

Citation

Peter Moore. Unidentified Sculpture in the Courtyard of The New School. September 1 1964. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive. Web. 23 Jul 2019.

Use Restrictions

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ 




There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.