(photographer)New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997)
October 4 1965
The courtyard was created in the late 1950s and it connects 66 West 12th Street (Alvin Johnson/J. M. Kaplan Hall) and 65 West 11th Street (Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts). In the 1960s, '70s and '80s the courtyard housed several sculptures, such as the sculpture by Isamu Noguchi, here in the background on the left. This photograph was possibly taken on an exhibition opening. In 1997, it was renamed the Vera List Courtyard.
Vera List Courtyard;Peter Moore 4 East 36th Street, New York 16, N.Y. Oct 4 1965 Phone MU 5-1938 PLEASE CREDIT
box 3, folder 19
Peter Moore. Unidentified People in the Courtyard of The New School.
October 4 1965. New School photograph collection; Buildings and campus (NS040101.SII). New School Archives and Special Collections Digital Archive
. Web. 22 Jul 2019
There’s more! What you see on this site is only what is viewable online. Please visit our website to find out more about what’s in the archives.