The New School Archives Digital Collections

Albert Landa records 1933 – 1985

Collection, NS030207

About

Consists of records generated by Albert Landa (1927-2008), who started in 1960 as director of Public Information and became vice president of Development and Public Relations at The New School, and then held the title of Vice President, until he retired in 1985. The records in this collection are notable because Landa was deeply involved in a rapid expansion of the university, overseeing the launch of the Center for New York City Affairs, the merger of Parsons School of Design with The New School, and leading the merger of the Otis Art Institute of Los Angeles with Parsons. The collection is comprised of six series, representing activities related to most of the major divisions and institutes of the university. Materials relate primarily to the development of new programs, building projects, fund raising, and public relations. Some documents in this collection are restricted. Please email archivist@newschool.edu for further information.


Collection Guide

Guide to the Albert Landa records

There’s more! What you see here is only what is viewable online; in most cases it is only a small portion of what is available. Please visit the collection guide to find out more.